Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Front Wipers don't work!! Megane Coupe 2002 1.6 16v

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Front Wipers don't work!! Megane Coupe 2002 1.6 16v

Hi all, I'm new to this thing so be please be patient with me!

I was on my way home on Tues night in (start of a 2 1/2 hour drive on a dual carriageway with snow!) when my front wipers decided they didn't want to work anymore!!

The washer jets work, as do the rear wipers...

I tried checking the fuses, and OH's dad has checked the earths in the drivers footwell (as has the AA man and my friendly local mechanic). OH dad is going to check the motor and its wiring etc on saturday in daylight to see where we get but does anyone have any other ideas??

I've been looking at this forum and the wipers don't work with the fan going as in other peoples probs. To confuse the prob we initially thought the hazards weren't working but that turned out to be an unfortunate coincidence in that the switch is temperamental!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as don't want to fork out a whole lot to take it to another local guy who deals with electrical faults etc unless I really have to!!

Sorry to have gone on a bit but hope someone out there has experienced the same problem and can help!!
Currently in chickfromcaithness's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Coupe (Fidji) 1.6 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by chickfromcaithness
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 1.6 16v coupe 2002 - strange shudder Engines chickfromcaithness 2 1531 11th June 2009 01:15 PM
Megane I - starter problem Engines chickfromcaithness 4 1130 16th February 2009 09:29 AM
Front Wipers don't work!! Megane Coupe 2002 1.6... Electronics chickfromcaithness 2 1746 30th October 2008 11:04 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome