Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - My car is unlocking itself???*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2008 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
I doubt very much if another key signal could unlock your car Don,but if it could then you should be able to do the same to their car.Try walking by the other Renaults and blipping your key.

How far is you car parked from your house?.Some key fob signals travel a reasonable distance and if you car is close enough the signal will travel from indoors to your car if you accidently press the fob button.

One other thing,has it been sluggish to turn over when starting at all recently?.Battery voltage drops can cause strange things to happen.
Hi Lag thats a thought i have an 02 Megane Coupe convertible that parks beside me but if my remote does trigger his i have never heard it but i will have a little walk about in the morning and have a try

my key does open the car from the house about 60' from the front door so i guess it could be little fingers

With regards to starting the car all seems normal and my battery volt guage is reading normal but i will keep an eye out but like i said i will have a walk about the other Renaults in the morning and have a go at opening them

Cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome