Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is a Laguna s2 as good as it looks?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
There's no cream leather as far as I'm aware. Light grey is an option, and personally I think it brightens up the interior considerably over the standard black leather. IIRC, you'll only get full leather as standard on the Initiale and the GT. The Privilege (and, I think, the Dynamique) both get part leather seats.

The climate control isn't one of the car's best features. It doesn't have a min or max setting for starters, so you can't make it blow cold air if the car's interior is less than 16C. For some bizarre reason, it doesn't like you let you put the blower motor on at full speed when trying to defrost the windscreen with a cold engine. I've never figured that one out.

Presumably the two versions are the hatch and the Sport Tourer ('Estate' to the rest of us.) Originally, there was no Initiale spec Sport Tourer, but they sorted that out quite early on.

You really can't fault them for toys, though if you're going for an Initiale and the budget will stretch, then the Phase II (2005 facelift) model's navigation system wipes the floor with the Phase I's. It's 3D, has full Western European mapping on DVD (the original is UK and Ireland in detail + major routes of Europe only.) What's more, you get Bluetooth handsfree and a 6 disc MP3 changer all thrown in.

If you're contemplating diesel, then avoid all variants of the 1.9 litre engine, as it has some serious reliability issues. The 2.2 is considerably more robust, and the new 2 litre diesel (from late 2005) is probably the best buy of all.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome