Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Retro fitting fog lights to a Renault Laguna

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th May 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Retro fitting fog lights to a Renault Laguna

I started this issue on my welcome thread - but as I now am up to 20 or so threads seems unfair to go in the welcome bit. I will copy and paste the relevant stuff. I have laguna 2.0 rt 1994 - so bought new light stalk with fog light switch. problem is
on dipped beam, the outer 2 bulbs each side of the car light. If i flash without clicking to main beam the outer two bulbs stay lit, the inner two bulbs light to flash. As soon as I click the switch for full beam, the outer two bulbs go out and the inner two bulbs light. With my old switch on main beam all 4 bulbs lit.
Lagdti kindly replied
I think the switch you have is for a car that uses the same bulb for dip and main beam.When you flash the headlights both bulb filaments light,and when you click for main beam the dip beam goes out so as not to overload/melt the bulb.This is exactly what yours is doing
I have checked with mulimeter, and the switch is operating as described above - so I assume it is wrong for my 4 bulb car. My question then is does anyone know the part number to quote to make sure I get the correct switch next time (the seller told me it was from a M laguna like mine). I can only find one number on each stalk - my original (without fog light switch ) has 36716A 31 H4 on it and the other with fog switch has 36841A 13 H7 on it. Do they look like renault part numbers?
Currently in Fiddler's garage:
2005 Megane II 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by Fiddler
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Lag 1 Aircon mystery Heating & cooling madnoel10 10 2002 22nd September 2008 09:55 PM
IR Receiver Electronics Fiddler 11 2672 3rd July 2007 08:31 PM
Lag1 rotating door barrels Bodywork dave_mezza2006 16 2989 2nd July 2007 09:23 PM
Sportswear (NSFW) Jokes & funny stuff Lu 1 1257 27th June 2006 10:05 PM
Bird Flu Jokes & funny stuff chris m 2 940 19th May 2006 10:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome