Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Rear Hub nut query

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Rear Hub nut query

The handbrake on my daughter's 2002 Clio 1.2 has become inefficient and I want to remove the rear hubs to examine the condition of the brake shoes. The Haynes manual tells you to remove the hub nut and discard it, fitting a new nut on re-assembly. I went to my Renault dealer to buy new hub nuts, and they told me they didn't stock them as their mechanics just re-used the old ones. Is this acceptable? I was also trying to source replacement front caliper guide bolts, as once again Haynes says these should be replaced, but they only seem to be available if you buy a set of brake pads - and I don't need new pads. I only want to clean up the brakes and make sure they are all moving correctly. Any advice on either of these topics would be appreciated.
Currently in newliviclio's garage:
2002 Renault Clio 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by newliviclio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Problem tuning original radio Electronics newliviclio 0 1027 23rd February 2011 05:57 PM
Clio D4F Oil Filter Replacement Engines newliviclio 2 6428 15th March 2009 02:51 PM
Clio Rear Hub nut query Brakes/Hubs newliviclio 2 1806 2nd November 2008 02:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome