Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Towbar Electrics

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
There are times when you wish you had just paid a professional to do the job and saved yourself the agro...

No matter how hard I look I can not see the fusebox that is under the dash on the drivers side. I have removed the fascia end panel, the trim from above the drivers footwell, even the swith panel to the lower right of the stearing wheel (instrument panel brightness) and I just can not see it. ("Should have gone to specsavers!")

I have got the cable from the rear as far as behind the glovebox and now am trying to find a way through to the engine compartment.

Underneath the carpet, beneath what I think is a bowden cable is a blanking plug with a moulded middle section. Can I just drill through this and then use sealent to waterproof it? Or does it serve a more important purpose? The bowden cable and the electrical leads above it appear to come out behind the coolant reservoir so I can't easily get to those locations?

Alternatively there is an additional fusebox located behind and above the glovebox that maybe I could make use of. Can anyone advise me what these fuses control so I can look in the correct pages of Haynesfor wires etc.

Sorry for the lengthy post, new caravan being delivered on 14th and time is now running short.

All help is very much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3889_resize.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	6587   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3890_resize.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	6588   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3891_resize.JPG