Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi, really hope someone can help with this issue as its been frustrating me now for about 3 months. Bought this car just over 12 months ago, within the first month the car would stall if i was idling in traffic, but only after i had been driving for half hour or more. I took the car to my local garage who didi a diag test and it came back the crank sensor. This was replaced and it worked fine. It then started again 6 months later and again i had the sensor replaced. Again it fixed the prob. About 3 months ago i started getting starting issues where it could sometimes take me up to 8 attempts to start the car but this is a very intermittent problem. My garage tried all sorts but it is still there, then last week the stalling issue started again except now i have to leave the car to cool down b4 it will start again.....aaarrggghhh.... Any ideas greatly appreciated, i am back in the garage 2mora with it so ill see what happens.

It is a laguna II 1.8 16v expression 2001 'Y'
Currently in davenkirsty's garage:
Scenic I 1.6 16v Fidji

Last edited by davenkirsty; 3rd November 2008 at 09:23 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome