Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing front bumper and n/s front wing

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2008
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
It would certainly be a lot easier if you have someone to help you support the panels as you are undoing/refitting the fixings.

I'd probably want the front end on axle stands in case the wheels need removal, and it would also give more access for behind the bumper.

Naturally, you will have the replacement panels to use as a guide for where your existing bolt holes are, and I would presume is bumper off - then wing; and reverse that order for reifitting.

It may be an idea to place cardboard under where you are working, in case any obscure (but necessary) fixings fall onto the ground. It will help to make them more visible.

If you are needing to paint the panels yourself - its a lot easier to do this before fitting (and indoors - if you can).

Best of luck, if I can offer any advice - please ask away.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome