Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio grande paint touch up kit

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Hi there Terry, and welcome.

I know the product you refer to - I touch in scratches for a living, and quite often the owners have their own touch-up kit but lack the confidence to use it.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't bother using it - give the paint a good shake up and by dipping the end of an open ended paper clip into the paint - start applying along the scratch (a bit like how a fountain pen would work). I quite often need to add some thinners to the paint first to avoid it clogging & therefore dragging over the surface. You can build-up the layers (allow a bit of time for it to dry between coats), then finish off with the lacquer (again using the same method & thin it down a bit as well).

After a week or so (of dry weather), when you are next washing the car - use a good quality polish to buff it up.

Be realistic about how it will look - its no substitute for a respray, but do it well, and it'll only be you who can spot where it was.

Would this be same method for chips?

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome