Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Life in the old Sat Nav yet

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Eeeps View Post
Quick update on this.

Fitted the replacement Shark fin today - slightly taller than the original but fits easily. Now working fine.

I also replaced the GPS receiver in the carminat unit with the more recent version.

Everything now working fine.

I did take a look at the old Shark fin. The failure seems to be caused by corrosion on the internal components. Although there are rubber seals to stop water ingress I guess the corrosion could be caused by condensation. Moisture in the cabin air can find its way into the ariel. Since this is effectively outside it is quite possibly cold.

I expect most ariels will fail like this eventually so getting one from a breakers may not be a good idea.

Hi Eeeps and greetings from Slovenia.

I had similar problem with GPS antenna. I just replaced it with an internal one and fixed it on windscreen.

I wonder how did you program Trimble GPS module and how did you solved the "connector problem"?

You said that you read configuration from old module and write it in new one. What if you could not read from old module?

Anyway, great post from you
Currently in brobic's garage:
2008 Laguna III 2.0dCi Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome