Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 11 Issues (loads of em)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 11 Issues (loads of em)

Hi all,

newbie here.

I've had a look around but can't really find what I want, so was hoping you could help.

I've recently purchased a Laguna 2.2dci on a 52 plate.

How many faults can theses cars have?

LEAKS, do any of you suffer from water leaks in the front, both sides, but mainly the passenger side where the water sits somewhere under the glove box tray and runs along, dripping.

NOISES, is it normal for the steering to make weird clonking and groaning noises all the time, sounds like something twanging under there.

WHISTLING, the intercooler has apparantly been changed because when I test drove it it was whistling, it still is. Is this normal?

VENTILATION, do you find that if you want to clear your windscreen on a wet morning its better to not bother sticking the demister on as it causes more bother? Is it worth putting the heater on when its cold? The blower makes loads of noise, but thats all, hardly any blow!!

BRAKES, how many of you have a hissing from the brakes when you press the pedal. The brakes haven't failed yet, but need pumping up to regain pedal feel, garage says this is normal!

REVERSE GEAR, do any of you out there have trouble getting reverse gear when first starting up on a morning? Garage says its a Renault and they are all like that.

Sorry for the long essay, but I need to get decent answers so that I can go back to where I bought it from and argue over things.

Oh and one more thing, what sort of fuel economy is reasonable from the 2.2dci, I'm averaging 37ish, mainly motorway.

Thanks, Nev
Currently in nev's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.9DCi/ 1982 R5 GTL 1.1
  5 Lastest Threads by nev
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Excess Crank case pressure Engines nev 2 1031 7th June 2006 09:00 AM
Laguna II outside temperature guage Cars & motoring slimdarby 4 1057 30th May 2006 10:44 AM
Greetings Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 2 673 8th May 2006 03:41 PM
Laguna 11 Issues (loads of em) Cars & motoring nev 8 2341 8th May 2006 12:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome