Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sold my Laguna (and off-putting comments for anyone considering buying one).

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi again.

Re the forum - I usually join forums of vehicles we own, and I'd say that the majority of my posts on here since joining have been suggesting help to others, rather than asking for help. Perhaps you're right tho, as I'm also a member of a Honda forum and I don't visit it as frequently. There's not so many standard issues to help people with there tho.

Re prevenative maintenance - It seems the Lag 1 would have been a wiser choice for me given the dreadful feedback on the Lag 2, especially the early diesels. I must agree with you about the way cars are driven and remedying faults as they appear. Generally speaking I keep on top of my maintenance and the car wasn't driven hard normally. Perhaps the low annual mileage was partly to blame for the engine sooting up etc tho.

Re buying a lemon - It looks like this was certainly mine lol.

Re rear suspension bushes - I'd like to think I was simply unlucky but I'm pretty certain I've read on here about various people getting them done when the car's just out of warranty and without high mileage. Maybe its an age thing - ie at 5 years they're gubbed.

I just wish my Lag had been as good a car as it should have been. I liked driving it and its associated comfort and silence etc. I just got the feeling every time I drove it that I was waiting for the next thing to break. I am glad, however, that I didn't get the turbo failure and its associated new engine, the gearbox breaking up, or the clutch wearing out. Be thankful for small mercies eh. LOl.
Currently in mister_cee333's garage:
Toyota Avensis 1.8. Formerly Jaguar X Type Sport d 2005. Formerly 2001 Laguna 2 1.9 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome