Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CD Autochanger problem

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Situation Update

The problem is not yet solved but a little progress has been made.
Firstly, removing the CD autoloader from the car is very easy. Let the unit drop forward as if you are going to remove the cartridge. Behind the autoloader you'll see three bolts holding the unit to the rear bulkhead. These are 'star' bolts so make sure you have the correct tool available to undo them. Having removed these 3 bolts the whole unit is then free and you can get at the cable connector to remove it.

However this is not the cause of my problem!!

When my car was MOT'd a few weeks ago the hazard warning lights didn't work and the problem was traced to a faulty hazard warning light switch. To replace this switch the garage removed the radio from the car. They now tell me that they have discovered that there is a design fault with the wiring loom on this model and that it is impossible to remove the radio without damaging the CD Autochanger connection. Renault have had to produce a special extension to the wiring loom to allow the radio to be refitted....
... well, that's the story so far but I'm still waiting for the problem to be fixed as the part is on back order..... !!!!
Currently in billor's garage:
Megane Cabriolet 2.0 Monaco
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome