Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 11 Issues (loads of em)

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
How many faults can theses cars have? Lots

LEAKS, do any of you suffer from water leaks in the front, both sides, but mainly the passenger side where the water sits somewhere under the glove box tray and runs along, dripping.

Has the car had a screen fitted at some point, cant say I've seen that many waterleaks on them.

NOISES, is it normal for the steering to make weird clonking and groaning noises all the time, sounds like something twanging under there.

Front suspension lower arm ball joints probably had it, changed loads.
Also watch out for the rear axle bushes the fall apart to.

WHISTLING, the intercooler has apparantly been changed because when I test drove it it was whistling, it still is. Is this normal?

They suffer with turbo failures all the time, the whistling if loud is a very good indicator that the turbo will fail soon.
Get the oil and filter changed more than every 18K and make sure the correct grade oil is used.

VENTILATION, do you find that if you want to clear your windscreen on a wet morning its better to not bother sticking the demister on as it causes more bother? Is it worth putting the heater on when its cold? The blower makes loads of noise, but thats all, hardly any blow!!

Possible blocked pollen filter (its behind the glovebox)

BRAKES, how many of you have a hissing from the brakes when you press the pedal. The brakes haven't failed yet, but need pumping up to regain pedal feel, garage says this is normal!

normal for a small amount of sound, but get it re-checked if loud.

REVERSE GEAR, do any of you out there have trouble getting reverse gear when first starting up on a morning? Garage says its a Renault and they are all like that.

Change gearbox oil , but reno gearbox's are made of cheese IMO.

Sorry for the long essay, but I need to get decent answers so that I can go back to where I bought it from and argue over things.

Oh and one more thing, what sort of fuel economy is reasonable from the 2.2dci, I'm averaging 37ish, mainly motorway.

Sounds about rite to me.

Thanks, Nev[/QUOTE]

NO problems Mike
Currently in Mike@Rentech's garage:
Renault Sport Twingo 133 cup
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome