Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Build Quality

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 9th November 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
My experiences with 3 espaces - generally good. I think the mark 4 - Renault have been very clever with design, gadgets, electrics etc (but maybe too much at once)

Often a minor issue can result in expensive consequences.

When everything works- 'brilliant', but there always seems to be some suprise - I think each Renault has its own personality and all I can say is don't upset it - care for it, maybe ignore the odd grumble and if you don't speak nicely to it, it could decide to self destruct.

In my experience whenever I test an alternative car (ok it happens to be MPVs in my case) I always end up coming back to Renault.

Oh almost forgot - Question in the first place - Noise and rattles

When I first had the Espace I did seem to get various noises and rattles depending on weather conditions etc. For some reason have not had any at all in the past 12 months or so. Did have a slight annoying clunk when pulling off - spent ages trying to find the source. Since engine swap never appeared since (every cloud has a silver lining) By the way - Renault contributed 80% to the engine swap - if they had'nt I probably would have never touched a Renault again (or been allowed to)
Currently in ns.thomson's garage:
Rover in Garage, Grande Espace 2.2 Initiale on Drive

Last edited by ns.thomson; 9th November 2008 at 06:10 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome