Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault clio is it a gamble/death trap???

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 9th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

More bad news about my clio i had just finished work and got in the car and went to start it and there was nothing there when i turned the key so my mate got some jump leads and the car started after we charged the battery drove 100 yard up the road and it was only reving just under 2000rpms no power to accelerate and the Electronic Incident warning light was on at the same time (looks a little like the heater plug symbol in diesel cars ). So after that a gave up and phoned the RAC he checked the battery and found high resistance in the earth lead he also though there could be a key chip fault also but could not prove it and also a leaky MAP sensor which you can hear the air leaking from it . The RAC guy got the car running and i managed to drive it half way back to the garage with the (Serv light, handbrake light, stop light, and the Abs light on) then 5mins from the garage the car cut out and would not start again so i had to get towed. The car is now sitting out side the garage totally broke the central locking now doesnt work for some reason had to lock the car by pressing the lock button inside then locking the passenger door with the key and when you turn the ingnition on all the warning lights just flicker on and off and nothing happens when you turn the key iam really not very happy since i can't get to work tommorow now
Currently in andymiesta's garage:
renault clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome