Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Estate / Tourer rear wiper motor - clicking noise

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna Estate / Tourer rear wiper motor - clicking noise

I should start by saying that problems on my tailgate electrics started with the tailgate locking motor apparently developing a short circuit. When I connect the power lead to it, the 12V drops to around 6V ish. I have had to remove the power connector and make do with accessing the boot via the tailgate glass opening. Leaving the connector attached, prevents the tailgate glass from opening. I can still manually open the boot using the white plastic opening latch.

Anyhow, shortly after that, the rear wiper shaft started seizing. While I was investigating this (over a few days), the rear wiper motor started making a rapid "clicking" noise when it was operating. A bit like a relay switching on and off rapidly. The motor still turns ok but makes this sound.

I don't know if there is a general electrical fault (possibly due to removing tailgate power lead as above), or if water has possibly leaked into the motor as the tailgate drain hose was totally blocked.

Any ideas on what this noise could be? Is the wiper motor useless now?
Currently in Borat's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.8 Sports Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by Borat
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dealer cannot connect to diagnostic computer in... Electronics Borat 0 1163 30th March 2011 09:13 PM
Laguna2 '01 - recommended power steering fluid? Steering and Suspension stef123 3 1326 8th July 2009 09:12 PM
Laguna Estate / Tourer rear wiper motor -... Electronics Fletch 5 3530 11th November 2008 08:45 PM
Climate control blowing cold on passenger side... Heating & cooling ray15090 4 2087 11th November 2008 08:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome