Independent Renault Forums banner

No power at radio

Tags
power radio
3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  stonie 
#1 ·
Hi all

I'm a newbie here and I must admit to neglecting the car for a while whilst riding my new scooter.

I got in the Megane Cabriolet at the weekend and the battery was close to death. Just about started up and seemed to charge ok but the radio would not come on.
By the time I got home I realised the light had come on the radio on/off button.
It asked me for the code in which I have but not at the time.
The next morning the radio would not turn on so i put it down to a faulty battery as the car started up but seemed a bit slow on turning over the engine.
I went for a new battery and now the car sems fine but still no radio???
It's not the fuse in the fusebox on the driver side as I've tried that and the clock/lighter works ok

Any other fuses or advice?

Hope that description wasn't too long ;)

Cheers

See less See more
#8 ·
To post pictures on here you can use quite a few recommended methods tbh. You can use Photobucket or imageshack. Also I think you can use vBulletinImg under the tools section on the left.

Some HU's don't have fuses on the rear. I never checked mine when I swapped it over. If you can't see it it either doesn't have one or it in enclosed within the unit.

Have you a multimetre? You could check to see if you are getting a live feed to the rear of the radio with it.

#11 ·
check wiring plug

looking at the old philips set i removed from my scenic, the 2 main feed wires are the yellow, (memory wire) and red (power from ignition) the red should come live with key on, the yellow should be live at all times, seems strange but also check the black wire is connected ,thats your earth wire. if you have power at the red ad yellow, and it still doesnt work, does your set have a security code?.it could be that, my wiring had a power fuse in the red supply line it was back about 4 ins from where the wires connect, it looks like a black square box, containing a noise filter, and a power fuse, but thats for out here, yours may be diferent

#12 ·
Thanks for that.
I'll try that later.
As for the code...It does have a code to put in and i do have the code but it doesn't turn on to put the code in.
I've not had any tries at the code at all.
I'll try your suggestions and see how it goes.
Thanks again for the help

#13 ·
radio wont work

yes it wouldnt be much use trying to put the code in if it doesnt power up, but maybee once u get it powered up, you may have to re code it, you will soon know once u check those 2 wires to see if power is reaching the set, if not, u will need to check your fuses again,

#14 ·
hi bud, does the clock and the instument panel lights work, if not, check the fuses, in the interior fuse box, it should be a 15 amp fuse, usually runs clock, radio, and instrument panel lights.

#15 ·
Hi

No. It's not the fuse.
I think I said that inr the original post..I think lol
All the other insruments work that are associated with the same fuse.
I've changed the fuse as well.

Thanks for the post anyway.
Still ot had time to test the wiring though :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.