Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Roof Bar Fitting Information

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 13th November 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi guys
I know this topic has been debated heavily already but I still need more info on the whole roof bars thing for a Scenic MK1 car. I need to fit official Renault roof racks on my Scenic (I don't want to go for roof racks that latch onto the inside of the doors because the doors wouldn't shut properly after the Halford guys installed it) but the price quoted by Renault for part and installation exceeded 300 (apparently the part for MK2 scenics was much cheaper?). So I'm looking at sourcing the roof bars from elsewhere.

My Scenic MK1 ('52 reg) has the long uniform black strip on each side of the roof. I took them off to look at what's underneath and I cannot find any roof bar fixing point "holes", although there are some "bent metal bits" (can't find a better description) coming out along the gutter. Are those "bent metal bits" the fixing points for the roof racks? To me they look like the bits used to hold the strips (although there are three longer ones).
If the fixing points are indeed those longer ones (does anyone have a picture?) then I am aware that I'll also need to find newer strips with sliders (or get the knife out!). Does anyone know if other cars are using the same part maybe (in order to broaden the search)?

Currently in SuperCow's garage:
Renault Scenic 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome