Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II (1999) immobiliser intermittent - related to speed of turning key?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II (1999) immobiliser intermittent - related to speed of turning key?

I have read all the posts I can find on this site and others and have some ideas that the immobiliser problem is related to central locking. I can't find a define link though so here's my case in detail.

The immobiliser on my Laguna disarms intermittently. (Mine has radio-control central locking and a transponder in the key with coil around ignition switch. Neither the central locking or accellerater/wiper stalk method allow code entry.) Sometimes the dashboard immobiliser LED turns off on the first turn of the ignition key. Other times it takes 5 - 10 minutes of insertion/turning to turn it off. If it does disarm the immobiliser it seems that it won't give trouble again for 10 to 15 minutes. (I presume the immobiliser won't look for the in-key transponder again until the ignition has been off for this length of time.) I only have one key.

Several times when I got it to work I felt that maybe the speed of the ignition sequence in relation to unlocking the doors was a factor. The next time I tried each of these it didn't seem to work.

Question 1: Is there a relationship between unlocking the doors and the immobilister turning off?

Question 2: Why is it intermittent?

Any ideas appreciated.
Currently in transistor's garage:
1999 Laguna RT
  5 Lastest Threads by transistor
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II (1999) immobiliser intermittent -... Electronics Lagdti 3 1330 16th November 2008 09:50 PM
Laguna headlamp adjust and dash lamp Electronics transistor 4 1121 22nd April 2006 08:27 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome