Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - broken clips on window mechanism

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2008 Thread Starter
V Satis
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up oh yes

I started this version of the megane scenic window problems so hopefully can help finish it with some good news. Firstly thanks for all the positive help on this one it helped me see these things do need replaced as the old ones are a lot of hassle to repair.

Called a guy through fleabay for information on these and eventually got him to supply them, again through fleabay. The upgraded MKI window regulators are far sturdier than the originals and at 43 each they were good value. whole job took around 2 hours per side as patience is a virtue with this one.

The door cards come of easily as long as you do not force them and the regulators are held in by 5 M10 nuts, 3 on the motor and 2 on the guide arm.

Only issue I had was the wiring as I had to fit the new connectors that come with the kits as the ones fitted to the car were a different fit configuration. I went by the logical thought that the left wire would replace the old left wire and so on "eh eh" no cigar but that only delayed me by about 20 minutes in total and they do come with new wire connectors so thats a bonus to normal.

Can provide detail on PM for anyone who wants the company details.
Currently in V Satis's garage:
2002 vel satis 2.0L
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome