Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 19dci starting and other new faults

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Laguna 19dci starting and other new faults

Hi all, I am back seaching the forum again as more faults are coming up on my 02 Laguna 19dci estate !!! Thank god this forum exists.

The faults started on Saturday night. The car died on the road, I managed to pull into a layby and after a couple of goes restarted ,I put this down to the fact that I had just finished a set of seven night shifts using headlights and heater and so the battery might be low on charge.

Anyway on Sunday I put battery on charge, then took the car for a drive without lights, fan, etc.. to make sure that it was fully charged. All OK.

Monday morning went out with wife shopping, started OK and got home no problem. An hour later tried again. Turned over but would not fire up.

Tuesday morning still same fault, got recovey truck here - of course as soon as he tried it, it starts! but then dies. "Fuel fault" well that's what it looked to be, as he called it the "Fuel shut off valve" or in the Haynes manual it is a "Fuel Pump Pressure Regulator". Anyway this was ticking and once given a knock with the hammer car started again Problem solved get another one.

Knowing this felt safe-ish to use car so drove it last night with lights etc. and after five miles died again whilst on the road. Restarted after a couple of goes without tapping valve but now have glow plug lights on dash permanently!

I need some advice as money is very very tight and this looks like turning into a money pit .
Should i pay the local main dealer the 50.00 for half an hour on the comp, or 30.00 for a second hand regulator and get some new glow plugs, fit these see if the light goes off?

Any advice from you guys appreciated.
Thanks Phil
Currently in philmountains's garage:
2002 Laguna dci dynamic
  5 Lastest Threads by philmountains
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 pre heater light on dash/no power fault Engines philmountains 2 1852 21st September 2010 03:52 PM
DEAD 02 1.9 dci laguna 2 on my drive Electronics dave_mezza2006 8 1492 6th December 2008 02:16 PM
Laguna 19dci starting and other new faults Electronics madnoel10 3 1087 19th November 2008 12:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome