Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Folding Mirrors....

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 9th May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Horatio
The Peugeot idea is excellent, but it makes me wonder if it's responsible for the high rate of mirror motor failures on these cars. After all, the mirrors are folding every time you lock the car, not just when you decide that it's necessary.

It's more likely down to the fact that Peugeot/Citroen use inferior motors! We had 2 fail on our PIcasso, a colleague has had 2 fail on his 206 and another colleague has had 1 fail on his brand new C5. The Peugeot/Citroen ones do not like "not to be used" as if they are not used ( the 206 & Picasso work the same as the Laguna, when you have to choose to retract them) they stop working, they also do not like being left outside, the wind/rain seems to get in and damage the motors.

I fold the Laguna mirrors in every time I park the car & every time I go in and out of the garage, so the mirrors fold in/out at least 4 times a day. The motors are fine, car is now nearly 2yrs old with 26500k miles on the clock. As far as I know electric folding mirror failure is not that common with the Laguna, so it looks as though Renault got ONE thing right!

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome