Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trip counter resets itself & heated rear screen has a mind of its own?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 21st November 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
well things have developed & I now have a more serious fault with the trip counter & the clocks....

I went to start the car this morning & as soon as I put the key card in all the lights came on then went out as normal, but then they started to pulse on & off as did the fuel gauge...the speedo & rev counter were just twitching

The engine turned over at normal speed & started as normal when I pressed the button but the rev counter didn't move, it just continued to twitch with the pulsing of the lights & fuel gauge.....after approx 20 seconds with the engine running the pulsing stopped & the rev counter started to work.....everything back to normal.
The trip counter / computer had reset itself.

I checked the battery voltage a couple of days ago & that seems ok sitting at approx 12.5 volts after the car has sat overnight...the battery is charging as when the engine is running the voltage is approx 14.5 volts.

Do you think this could be the battery starting to go?
I don't want to buy a new battery if this is not the problem & I'm not sure if I trust a battery check from one of the fast fit type centres as in my experience every battery they test at this time of year needs replacing!

What do you think?

Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome