Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I had a hunch it'd be something like that, though the Clio's trip computer doesn't seem to suffer from the same 'stepping' problem, so I wonder why the Laguna's has to. If it's only accurate in 0.7mpg increments, then why even bother with the decimal place?

On the subject of fuel economy, I hit a bit of a revelation yesterday. As I mentioned before, I run the car pretty much exclusively on Shell, using BP when I can't find Shell. I think it's had one tank of 'something else' before now too, but I forget which brand.

But on the whole, I've been using Shell and getting a return of about 42mpg on the motorway - that's cruising at around an indicated 80 where traffic permits. Yesterday, I filled up with regular BP diesel (not the Ultimate stuff) at Knutsford services on the way down to London - by the time I got to the end of the M1, I was showing over 49mpg, and I'd been making no special efforts to achieve that figure.

Bearing in mind that my previous best on the motorway, through careful driving was around the 47 mark, that's not bad going. I'll make my next tank Shell again and see if the mpg drops back down. If it does, then I may well go out of my way to buy BP in future.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome