Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - need part number for clio speedo clock

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
I understand the reluctance for some suppliers to supply information in order to assist someone to purchase elsewhere. Suppose its a bit like asking a chippy of they would fry fish and chips you bought in the supermarket

Generally I have gone to stores counters and tried to strike up a friendly conversation and state I am only making enquiries as I haven't yet found the fault but to save me the trouble of coming back could they tell me the part number so I can order by phone afterwards if necessary - works for me every time. Also try to be patient as they are dealing with your enquiry they may have lost a valuable order from another customer whilst dealing with your enquiry -which may not get them any profit - business is business but I find a friendly approach works well and failing that have a looksee at the offending component for a relevant identifcation mark.
I can remember once waiting at a stores counter when a guy walked in seeking a part number and remarking he was going to source one in a scrappie - guess what he was told to do.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l

Last edited by madnoel10; 22nd November 2008 at 03:56 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome