Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Questions And Advice

View Single Post
post #163 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Hi Lag,

I hope you don't mine that i enter this into here even though its not a question but i do think i asked you your help with regards to this???

Just to give all you other members the story,

when i bought my little project car the Fiat Cinquecento 1.1 Sporting 5 weeks ago it had a full years MOT on it just tested a few days before i picked it up but i noticed when i got home it had an advisory notice issued with it marked on the certificate but i never had that side of things so it bothered me to the point thinking what was the advisory issued?? so i phoned the seller and he said he would look into it and then phoned back to say he could not find it and after a conversation with Lag he said to get in touch with the station or the seller in question but with no luck ,

and only tonight because of Marty's thread "Buyer Beware!!" i got a link below

and i was able to find out what the notice was with entering my Reg No and MOT Test No and that gave me a print out of the cars Mot's ever held on record

Well it turned out to be the 2 front tryes which are now in the skip and have been replaced and the other was an oil leak down the front of the engine that also has been repaired with a new rocker Gasket

Just though i would add this to this thread as its advice i didn't know was available and neither did Lag by the sounds of things :loser:

Cheers all the best Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 22nd November 2008 at 08:11 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome