Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Questions And Advice

View Single Post
post #176 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
No over here they work to the letter of the law - if it legit then it passes. The rules seem to be purely that if the vehicle is deemed safe and complies with the law at the time of presenting the vehicle for examination then they have done their job. They don't see their role as safety advisors or spotters of preventative maintenance. They quite rightly assume the driver has legal responsibilities to ensure their vehicle is roadworthy once it leaves the test centre. Furthermore under no circumstances must they be seen as creating work for the motor trade and are strictly independent. Furthermore if they cannot provide a test date within a 6 week time period they will issue an excemption certificate should you need your vehicle taxed in the meantime. They clearly advise you arrange a test at least 6 weeks before the test is due. They aslo clearly state if the vehicle passes it only means the vehicle was suitable at the time of testing and they have no responsibility afterwards - this responsibility it purely down to whoever drives the vehicle thereafter.

From what I have read on some forums it would appear some drivers see advisories as a means of generating business - maybe I'm wrong but that is my view of things from this side of the ditch
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l

Last edited by madnoel10; 23rd November 2008 at 06:49 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome