Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Questions And Advice

View Single Post
post #177 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2008 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Well maybe you should realise that we all use the same testing standards and that they should be applied in the same way.Just because a 'government official' carries out the test,it doesn't mean the out come will be any different.

There are set standards for an MOT,be it in England,Scotland,Wales or Nothern Ireland,and they are all the same.If something fails,then it fails.If something is close to the limit,then it is advised.I know,it's part of my daily job.

To insult every MOT tester with your constant b1tching about how brilliant NI tests are is pretty upsetting to me.Of course there are always people in the trade that take the p1ss,but if you trust government appointed officials any more than anyone else your more niave than even I give you credit for.

Your last NI test took 15 minutes,which is quite frankly a joke,all because the 'tester' didn't want to get wet.That ought to tell you something.

Please don't tar everyone in the trade with the same brush,there are some honest people still left in the motor trade,and I am one of them.In any case,if I fcck up a MOT I could face a prison sentence,the worst you'll get for rubbishing our standards is a broken keyboard from saying 'all mainland MOT testers are t0ssers'

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome