Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Worn Rear Suspension Bushes

View Single Post
post #357 of (permalink) Old 24th November 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hmmm I can't remember but I can work it out ... I did the offside (drivers) first and this is wrong because it has the O not the slot. The slot is on the nearside (passenger) and I know this because when you fitted the offside bush the beam has no movement to allow you to fit the slotted bush. A friend suggested to put a jack under the anti-roll bar and knock it till the bolt popped home.

It was suggested on here if you fit the slotted, nearside bush first, you've got a bit move movement in the beam to allow you to fit the offside more easily.

When I did the offside that absolutely flew in. I had a problem on the nearside because of the brake lines but once I worked out (from another tip on here) how to get the extra clearance I then found the center bolt wouldn't go home, missing by a couple mm every which way.

There you go - I'm pretty sure mine were the original bushes but its possible you could swap em over I don't know. Its just much easier to put the slotted one in first

Btw mine were from ebay and described as uprated spec - we'll see ...

So, I agree, slotted should go on nearside not drivers.

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome