Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Terminal illness

All his reading looking for a cure or some kind of pattern. Short-term false hopes thinking you have made progress.

New Throttle Body 350 seemed to cure problem for nearly a whole month, then a new injector card 550 lasted almost two whole months. Back where I started 900 out of pocket.

Dealer says bring it in again and put it on the magic machine. Dig deep money is not a problem.

There is no pattern, sometimes it can go 100 miles before going into limp home mode and sometimes it goes into limp home as soon as you turn the key after it has been sitting for 24 hrs.

I now have fault (257 Throttle Valve Position Sensor Circuit - Coherence between track 1 and 2) Showing.

I think the whole Renault would be a good place to start, their customer care sucks. Denial that this is a wide spread problem or that it even exists.

I wish you all success in your valiant efforts to find the cure; I'm away to check the ECU connectors.
Currently in jasmcp's garage:
2001 Laguna & an ASD Tug

Last edited by Pat.w; 6th December 2008 at 08:24 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome