Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 04 Scenic Meta SR2 reversing aid

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
04 Scenic Meta SR2 reversing aid

I managed to buy a Meta SR2 reversing aid for 29.99 +6.99 off that site.

Excellent piece of kit and managed to fit it all inside the trim panels of the rear hatch so it's all out of sight, it's loud enough to be heard in there and I am hard of hearing. I made no adjustments to the unit just installed it as it came.

I ran my own power supply wire from the offside rear light cluster using a couple of inline crimps. Black is earth white is reversing light feed. I ran the wire inside the headlining and down the rubber trunking into the rear door.

So I am feeling very pleased.

The downside for me was that the number plate is held on with anti-theft devices so to get at the tail end of them I removed the plastic panel the plate is screwed to. Trouble is apart from two nuts the panel is held to the door by non-setting mastic and it is top quality stuff.

I persevered and peeled all mine off but I wouldn't do it again. I used new mastic to reseal the panel and ended up looking like a five YO eating soft chocolate with it all over me and the car! At least I could clean it off with whitespirit.

Currently in DerryUK's garage:
2004 Scenic Expression 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by DerryUK
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II heating quirk? Heating & cooling DerryUK 4 1239 7th January 2009 01:08 PM
04 Scenic Meta SR2 reversing aid Electronics DerryUK 4 1746 25th November 2008 11:30 AM
04 Scenic 1.6 DAB radio - no signal Electronics DerryUK 6 1953 4th November 2008 07:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome