Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Central Locking...(Yes I've already used the search)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Central Locking...(Yes I've already used the search)

Hello All,

I'm having what seems to be the common central locking problem! (Or at least a variation)

Its a 1.2 Clio Grande (Mk2 Ph1)

Not had the car long, but it needed a new battery. Replaced the battery in the car, seemed ok. Except now the remote central locking doesn't work. (Locks fine using the button on the centre console). It worked ok before I changed the battery.

I have read the many threads on this forum about re-syncing the key with the car, but no joy. I can get the car to enter the sync mode (with the immobiliser LED on continually), but when I press the button on the keyfob, nothing happens. Its definately an RF keyfob, as there is no IR LED on the fob itself. Annoyingly I only have one key, so I can't try it with the other one

I've also tried taking the central locking fuse out, and replacing it too.

The other thing I noticed (not sure if its normal or not) but if I unlock the car door manually with the key, it doesn't unlock the rest of the doors/boot.

The red LED on the keyfob flashes twice when I press the button, and to be fair, the only thing I've not tried is changing the battery in the fob...but then I assumed if the LED lights, its working?

So, to summarise

1) Is it normal that using the key in the door won't activate the central locking?
2) If the key fob red LED flashes twice when the button is pressed, does this indicate normal operation, or could the battery be flat?
3) Is there some relay or some doodah that might have stopped working that goes in between the RF receiver and the central locking activator?

Cheers guys and gals

Last edited by FoxRacer; 25th November 2008 at 12:40 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by FoxRacer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Central Locking...(Yes I've already used the... Electronics dave_mezza2006 7 1591 25th November 2008 12:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome