Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thirsty 1.2 Clio !!

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
I suppose you could also ask the question why do some people ride motorcyles or have their own personal helicopter.
When it comes to choice of car everyones needs are different and it just ain't every day running costs that matter - there is also the cost of other components such as tyres, etc. For example no doubt a 13" tyre will cost less than the 16" variety. There is also the environmental impact - a smaller car costs less energy to produce. Moreover they tend to hold their value for much longer as the depreciation is usually a lot less. I admit I drive a relatively large car which is a Lag II 1.9 diesel which I have found to be reasonably economical but now I am retired I only travel around 2-3000 mikes per year and had always promised myself a more comfy car when I retired but prior to that when working and travelling to work, etc I always drove small to medium sized vehicles.
Isn't it great we live in a country where we have freedom of choice or should we follow the old east german ethos - everyone drives a Tribant
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome