Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Interiors - Connecting an Ipod

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hello just new to the forum, but i have already done this fitting in my laguna II. altough the lead i used was specifically for a sony headunit.

I started off with the connects 2 ipod adapter,

although using this does remove the facility of the disc changer, But to be perfectly honest why have a disc changer when you have an ipod fitted.

the best way i fitted it was to remove the stereo, the ashtray, and the climate control panels.

Removed the gearshift cover, and the handbrake cover.

Fed the wiring from the arm rest to the radio and stuck the little connects2 box of tricks to the outside of the armrest. well when i say outside i mean outside but inside where the handbrake is and cant be seen.

routed the wiring up to the little stealth shelf in the arm rest and hey presto, one hidden ipod.

After i fitted it though i did find the problem with it sliding about so i bought some anti-slip matting and coated teh inside of the stealth shelf with that.

Connects2 do a holder that you can place on the dash, but when its connected the display on your ipod is mimicted on your stereo.

PLus when its in the stealth shelf it means no slimy little reprobate can see it.

Last edited by frankiebhoy; 11th May 2006 at 12:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to frankiebhoy For This Useful Post:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome