Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace 2.2dci 2004 won't start

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace 2.2dci 2004 won't start

Hello all,

I've got a bit of a problem with my Espace (my wife's Espace whihc makes it even worse!!)

This morning I decided today would be the day I fitted the kids DVD player. I thought the easiest way would be to wire it into the front cigarette lighter socket.

I removed the trim and and tested which wire was which with a multimeter only to discover there was no power in any of them. I checked the fuse box and found the cuplrit fuse...........everything was fine. I pocked the DVD wires into the bottom of the lighter connections to test and all seemed okay.

The dvd has two screen so I then went to work on the rear cigarette light again all was fine both units were on.

The the problems started. I pressed the start button but the car would not start. It was then I thought "why didn't i remove the keycard when I was doing this"??????

Now I put the keycard in the reader (with the help of a jumpstart battery connected) all the dash lights up, the red immobiliser light flashes then goes off. I try to start the car but nothing.......

Intermittenly the ABS and handbrake warning light stay on. Sometimes the handbrake warning light flashes and the car makes an audioable beeping sound???

I've check all the fuses in under the bonnet and all in the top glove box and all seems okay.

Has anyone got any suggestions for me?

PS the radio died too

Last edited by fcplatinum; 27th November 2008 at 01:26 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by fcplatinum
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2004 Grand Espace, No heat on Drivers Side Heating & cooling regie 8 2306 5th January 2011 09:29 PM
2004 Grand Espace Reversing switch Electronics cmc 2 1505 31st March 2009 09:21 PM
Espace 2.2dci 2004 won't start Electronics ns.thomson 19 2851 27th November 2008 01:24 PM
Retrofitting Radio Dash Display to Kangoo Electronics ottoman 1 1215 3rd November 2008 07:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome