Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Front window regulator

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 29th November 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Got my window sorted out, I went to FSG car part in Trafford park Manchester and asked them if it was a 2 pin version or 6 pin version, they could not tell me so I brought the 2 pin version for about 65 and they told me I could return it back it exchange for the more exspensive 130 6 pin version.
Got back home and got a friend to have a go a fitting the new regulator on, he found out then that I needed a 6 pin version so I jumped back in the car and went to FSG to exchange it, no problem with this.
It turned out my old regulator was faulty and that the cable had become frayed and then snapped but the motor is fine.
Fitted the 6 pin version and it works a treat, it also has the anti pinch as well. The window is opening & closing much faster now, so I am guessing that I will need to do the passenger window at some point as this has all the hallmarks of needing to be replaced at some point but I am not too bothered about this at the moment as I don't have a need for opening this window often if at all.
So I now have a spare motor which I am guessing I can use on the passenger door when needed and just get the regulator. Not sure if the passenger door has the anti pinch or if it is just not working at the moment.
Anyway all in all parts 130 and 20 for my mate spending an hour fitting new regulator has saved me nearly 200 on Renault dealer prices so I am a happy chappy now.
Many thanks for the people that have replied and its great to have discovered these forums, some great information on here and has saved me about 400 so far on 2 repairs, Keycards & window regulator.
Shame on you Renault for charging such ridiculous prices especially for labour.
Currently in kpmphillips's garage:
2004 Laguna Extreme
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome