Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Central Locking problem again.

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
OK well this the end of my sorry tale. After trying to repair and clean the tailgate switch it still did not work so I telephoned my nearest Renault dealer and ordered a new one, suprised by the price €14. I drove the 20 odd miles to the dealer picked up the new switch and drove home.

Half way home and my wife wanted to pay a visit to Tesco's so while she was in there I thought I would have a look at the switch. I opened the packet and it appeared to me to be a bit smaller than I thought, I got out the car to check it and yes I had been supplied with the switch for opening the rear window.

I telephoned them as I was prepared to return and change it however they did not have one in stock, arrangements have been made for them to post the new correct switch when it arrives.

On getting home I decided that I would replace the rear windows switch as well, this I did and that works OK. I then had a look at the old rear windows switch and saw that on the inside was the same connection mechanism as that on the tailgate opening switch.

I took it out put it in the old tailgate switch and now my tailgate opens everytime. I will replace it when I get the new one.

Sorry to bore you with this saga but I thought it was a fitting end to this thread and it goes to prove the point mentionesd several times that it is water ingress that is the main cause of the tailgate not opening.

Currently in DeeBeeS's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna Sports Tourer 16v 1600
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome