Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fog lights or driving lamps?

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by WebCode View Post
Its the tw*ts that drive around with the fog lights on in Non foggy conditions cos it looks "cool".. Or even worse than that the Tw*ts that drive with the the fogs on and only sidelights.. What is that all about!!!
I think Lag's on the button in that it proves they don't have the povety spec model if you happen to see them in the dark. In many cases, it also shows off the (illegal) green or blue side light bulbs that they've fitted in the main headlamp clusters.

Sorry to say it, but just about any car does look 'cooler' with the front fogs on - it has the visual effect of making the car look lower to the ground. But the effect is minimal and while it might make a sporty looking car look a bit sportier, people need to realise that it doesn't turn a crappy family hatchback into something that Jeremy Clarkson would have orgasms over.
Originally Posted by Azurael View Post
Plus I have to admit to using mine instead of/in addition to the main beams on occasion, because their wider beam projection actually makes a lot of sense in the windy little country lanes which surround Bath.
As I see it, if there's no traffic coming the other way, then do whatever you like with your lights. Using your fog lights in place of main beam is hardly crime of the century.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome