Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #70 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My turn to add to this thread.

Came on and had a search for the knocking noise on my Scenic 2002 automatic, rear drivers side.

It's only just started. I heard it first as just a small noise but then it's steadily got louder. Checked the boot contents, storage compartments and then had a friend sit in the boot space listening and is definitely seems to be my shocks or wheel bearing.

It's only if I drive over an uneven road surface, it's fine on smooth roads and turning corners seems to have no effect on it. The uneven road or bump in the road bring out the knocking noise. Is it fair to assume it would be the shocks?

It couldn't have come at a worse time for me, I really am broke. How much am I likely to be looking at for a repair if it is the shocks? I can take it to a garage where the mechanic is pretty good, no ripping off or overcharging, and 99% of the time he's spot on with the diagnosis.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to do it myself, I'm disabled with crippling back problems, hence the automatic. What cost would I be looking at?

Thanks to everyone too who have contributed to this thread and helped me find a possible answer quickly.
Currently in welshbhoy's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic 2.0 auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome