Independent Renault Forums banner

Immobiliser dead - clio

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Lagdti 
#1 ·
I have a P Reg Clio

the immobiliser was dying.. playing up and not always responding

It is now dead. I have replaced battery on the key, and the light flashes on the key, but the unit by sunroof does not respond.

Can it be overridden or replaced

many thanks

Ari

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Make sure you have a signal from the key,as the circuit board can become damaged sometimes.If it does give a signal,then you'll need a reciever.They're around £60 new from Renault,and if you quote the number on the small sticker that is on the reciever they can match a new one to it,so it doesn't need reprogramming.Make sure the old reciever hasn't been damaged by water ingress through the aerial or sunroof.

#5 ·
I've never heard of the immobiliser overrides before,so I can't comment on them.They do seem a little pricey,though.

Most garages will have a signal tester,and it only takes a few seconds to carry out.Apparently you can also test them using a digital camera,but I've never tried this.Apparently as you press the key near it the signal will effect the screen image so you can see if it's emitting a signal or not.I've also been told that some key signals can be picked up using a radio aerial.(it causes interference to the radio when worked).

To order a new reciever from Renault,you'll need to remove the old one and quote the number on the sticker which is stuck on the unit.Dealers can usually get them the next day.

Good luck,let us know how you get on.

#8 ·
Immobiliser dead

Thanks all for your advice... I contacted Renault, and bought a replacement receiver which are standard for N reg up to R.

Put it in and works... kept engine running whilst went to get petrol, now the engine just makes a constant clicking noise and does not turn over..

will have to contact my mechanic..

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.