Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fog lights or driving lamps?

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 6 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 6
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
Who mentioned "aftermarket"? I appreciate that the orignial point may have been a misunderstanding, but now you're just reading between the lines for the sake of an argument. For the record, mine are the real deal: Factory fitted, self-levelling and with working (albeit leaky) headlamp jetwash.
Yeh i'm after an argument.. nah only kidding!!

However Xenon lighting was mentioned so I thought I would expand the discussion into the aftermarket ones that do dazzle as bad if not worse than front fogs..

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
It appears there is no checking if fog lamps are correctly aligned. So it is possible some lights may be searching for aicraft.
Has anyone ever had their foglamps checked for alignment - yet headlamp alignment is checked during an MOT
Correct madnoel.. Front fogs are not tested during MOT. But they should be. Alignment is a problem but no procedure is available for the mechanic to set it correctly.

When it comes to headlight aim in general, it is VOSA's biggest issue with MOT testers and test stations.. In 6 out of 10 inspections the tester is not using the test equipment correctly and incorrectly passing vehicles..!

Headlight aim is tested at Test time for Buses and Trucks.. However again I know it is an issue and VOSA are trying to introduce major improvements in equipment and testing methods to improve the situation..

EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!
For as long as but one hundred of us remain alive, we will never on any condition submit to the domination of the English.....It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we fight, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life. Arbroath 1320
Currently in WebCode's garage:
MK1 Facelift Megane Cabriolet Sport

Last edited by WebCode; 5th December 2008 at 05:03 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome