Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Loss of power to Stereo, Clock & Wing Mirrors

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Loss of power to Stereo, Clock & Wing Mirrors

Hi All
First post here and really need your help.

My dad needed his original Renault/Philips tape player removing and replacing with an aftermarket affair. We found him a nice little Sony effort (easier on the ol' wiring part) and a facia. "Easy" I said given with my limited experience ... and guess what ... we've hit a problem!

Whilst all the wires were connected (minus the steering column) and sliding the Sony in there was a small crack and spark from one of the plastic connector plugs.

After this the Sony wouldn't power up (it had done previous) so I changed it all back to the original and there is no power in the following places
  • Stereo
  • Clock (centre not the main dash)
  • Electric Wing Mirrors
We've checked all the potentially relevant fuses in the fuse box near the steering wheel and I found a fuse box in the engine bay with 3 fuses. Every fuse checked was fine.

The problem seems to obviously relate to a fuse ... but where?????

I've read a number of posts here that suggest it could be "under the ashtray", could this be my solution???

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Model: Megane 1.6 RS (or RN)
Year: 1998 (S)
Currently in jasterixstrange's garage:
1998 Renault Megane 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by jasterixstrange
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Loss of power to Stereo, Clock & Wing Mirrors Electronics jasterixstrange 4 987 10th December 2008 08:39 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome