Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problem starting my Renault Scenic 2004 1.5dci

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Problem starting my Renault Scenic 2004 1.5dci

I have been having problems on and off for 18months starting my Scenic.

My other half reckons it is a battery problem, so insists that I take it for a long run I explained to him, I shouldn't have to do this...the car is not yet 4 years old!!!1

So what happens is this. I get in, insert keycard and start as usual, only it makes a funny clicking noise and won't start....however the lights come on and so does the radio?? It will power anything but starting the damn thing!!

So I switch anything off that could be a drain on the Battery and try again....still nothing. However, if there happens to be some kind soul passing that will give me help, it will start staight away with jump leads???

I am so fed up of getting stranded, being late taking kids to school and getting me to work!!!

I hope someone can help cos Renault said it would cost mne 87.00 in diagnostics just to find the problem without the cost of getting it fixed!

Many Thanks

Currently in Beckiyork's garage:
2004 Renault Megane Scenic 1.5dci
  5 Lastest Threads by Beckiyork
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Problem starting my Renault Scenic 2004 1.5dci Electronics beaconsman 16 4998 11th December 2008 10:00 AM
Hi All - Newie Here Welcome to RenaultForums martin999 6 924 11th December 2008 09:48 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome