Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Window washer nozzle leaks / fault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Window washer nozzle leaks / fault

I bought my '99 clio earlier this summer and when i bought it the window washer pump was broken. I replaced this with a brand new genuine part (30!) and it worked fine. Within the last few weeks though the jets have been very inconsistent.
Just last week though, the drivers side stopped working (both jets). The passenger side works fine (as does the rear). So the pump is working ok.
I took the car to local garage today and the lad fired an air hose through the washer nozzles and rubber hosing and t-junction, clearing all the rubbish (if any).
We put all the nozzels and hosing back together again and we managed to get one of the drivers side jets to work (the other one still doesnt work). The passenger side is now not so good as it was after clearing it! Weird.
Anyway, we both noticed that there appears to be leaking from underneath the nozzels and from a hose leading up to the t-junction when the washer is operated .
Therefore, does anyone know if Renault sell replacement nozzels/hosing/t-junctions etc? And will this work? I presume the lack of water pressure due to the leaking is causing the nozzles not to function at 100%?
any help much appreciated.
Currently in slingshot's garage:
Clio II RN Grande
  5 Lastest Threads by slingshot
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio - Noises from front wheels when turning... Wheels & tyres slingshot 8 2324 28th April 2011 09:21 AM
Clio Mk2 poor starting final questions Engines slingshot 15 3058 29th April 2009 07:36 PM
Buying a Clio MkII TDC crank sensor ??? Engines slingshot 8 7513 28th April 2009 03:14 PM
Needing a Clio Mk II TDC Sensor.... Welcome to RenaultForums slingshot 0 988 1st April 2009 09:15 AM
Window washer nozzle leaks / fault Bodywork madnoel10 4 2501 11th December 2008 07:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome