Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace up in smoke

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Espace up in smoke

Let me start from the begining

This morning i got the kids in the car and myself. I turned the ignition on and started the car, My wife had been out in the car the night before so i adjusted the mirrors with the mirror joystick on the drivers door, Went to pull away and noticed there was a little bit of smoke coming out of the mirror joystick. I stopped the car and turned the ignition off quick, by this time there was a lot of smoke coming out of the whole door!!! I quickly got the kids out of the car and stood them on the pavement whilst i franticly pulled evey fuse out of the fuse box, which had no effect and again by this time the top of the drivers door console were the electric window switch's are had started to MELT!! I then went to the battery and yanked the possitive lead off the terminal then ripped the drivers door panel off to put out the FLAMES!! Belive me when i say say it was scary it was scary. My point to any one that reads this is Please Please Please check your mirror adjuster for any sign of wear or corrosion, This is a constent live. I hate to think what might of happened to my family or the car if my wife was on her own because, as she confesses she would not of had a clue what to do.

Has any one else had this sort of problem and is there any thing else i need to check before that go's up in Smoke.
  5 Lastest Threads by robkid
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Strong smell of fuel Engines butterfliessigns 3 1530 8th July 2006 04:48 PM
Espace up in smoke Cars & motoring hondo 1 1156 12th May 2006 06:06 PM
espace shock's Engines alex21 1 886 10th April 2006 03:37 PM
Espace Spares Cars & motoring robkid 2 947 9th April 2006 08:38 AM
1999 Renault espace drive shafts Engines robkid 4 1188 8th April 2006 07:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome