Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How do I take off the Window Winder?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to SingleServingFriend
Cheers for letting us know how you got on!

Let me know how you get on with the ignition barrel. I had someone break into my Clio using a screw driver in the drivers door lock (sounds like the same thing might have happened to you). Got a whole set of locks from the scrap yard but the car wouldn't start with the replacement ignition barrel connected. It turned over but wouldn't start.

I didn't have time to play around because the spring loaded clip that holds the barrel in wouldn't release so I couldn't get the current one out. I'm hoping that swapping the switch at the back of the barrel onto the replacement barrel will cure it but not sure and not had time to try. Will drill the clip out and have a go after my exams. You'll probably see what i mean when you've got your barrel out.

After i fitted my alarm and central locking I removed all the lock barrels so they won't be able to do it again! knowing my luck they'll just bend the door out.

Good luck again
Currently in SingleServingFriend's garage:
1997 Mk1 Ph3 Clio 1.2 RL
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome