Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Tailgate Lock - Dog Falls out of Boot... Help!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th December 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace Tailgate Lock - Dog Falls out of Boot... Help!!

Hi, My 2000 Renault Espace has developed a problem with the boot shutting mechanism. I can close the boot, but when i lift it fairly gently or drive over a bump it flies open. I hadn't realised this until yesterday when i threw the dogs into the boot for their walk, and just as i had started down the dirt track (about 40mph) one of the dogs (a mastif, os has a bit of weight behind him) lent on the boot and fell out. We turned to see this rather confused looking dog rolling down the road in a cloud of dust. Fortunately the dog is fine, just got up and shook it off without any sign of being upset (he's used to it, he fell of a 20ft overhang last week, he's only 6 months old, but huge already).

So now i decide to try to fix the boot latch, however it's different to most ordinary latches it works with 2 prongs either side of boot. Does anyone know how this type of latch works, or even better how is the best way to go about fixing it?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Currently in lolyton's garage:
2000 Renault Espace 2.2td
  5 Lastest Threads by lolyton
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Seat Cordoba - Cut Out And Non-Start Other makes Lagdti 7 2858 13th December 2009 12:08 PM
Engine Type - Espace Engines freddybabe 4 1580 30th September 2009 05:00 PM
Espace - 1 Wheel spin! Wheels & tyres lolyton 21 2858 22nd January 2009 07:23 PM
Track Rods? Steering and Suspension dave_mezza2006 3 1120 18th December 2008 11:13 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome