Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #74 of (permalink) Old 13th December 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by petercee View Post
yes labour for fitting is the killer, not a dificult job if u do it at home in the garage, but when it happens away, u are at there mercy, 2 bolts to undo per side, shouldnt take a garage long to do, but they seem to have a min charge of 1 hour. i see in the euro spares web site they list them at 26 pounds ea,
Had the car looked at today by a mate, he took the shock off and it has completely sheared. It's definitely that causing the knocking noise.

He works away all the week and I've not driven it because of the knocking. He'll repair it next weekend for me. So now I have to get a replacement, I googled the Eurospares web site you mentioned but can't find a spares site with that name. Do you have a link for it please.

Also as mine is a 2002 2.0l automatic will the shock be a particular type or are they one type fits all? Wondered if there is a part no I need to look for.

I have seen another site mentioned, GSF, which of the two would you recommend, Eurospares or GSF, or they they pretty similar?

Currently in welshbhoy's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic 2.0 auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome