Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - INCOMPETANCE, is now spelt, Renault!!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th August 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi All

Just another "EPISODE", in the ongoing drama, called, the Renault Megane, a.k.a. Migraine!

I have had my 1.9dci Migraine at Ren-No Dealer AGAIN; to have the sunroof fixed properly, this time, along with a problematic passenger side window. The sunroof does not close completely and retracts approx. 2-3 inches, when you try to close it. This was SUPPOSSEDLY fixed, the last time I went in, but hadn’t been fixed, see previous threads.

The window has small rust like circles on it, which occur, due to something inside the door panel, "scratching" the pane. It sounds similar to someone scribing the glass with a nail.

Anyway, I sat in the car with the service manager yesterday, to test both the problems. As he pressed the sunroof button, I crossed my fingers, taking into account the previous shenanigans and the manger, seemed a bit put out, that I had done this! :

However, the best is yet to come! The sunroof was fine, hurrah, then he pressed the electric window button, to lower the "naughty" window and............Low and behold, the same noise was there, the same damaged pane of glass was there, and the technicians had not even looked at the glass! The poor managers, face dropped, along with all his energy and soul. This was after, he has specifically asked me to bring the courtesy car back, as they were DESPERATE to have it returned.

Well, I did return it, for briefly 20 minutes, then had to drive home with it, while they repaired, the repair, they had apparently completed!!

I N C O M P E T A N C E, is now spelt as; R E N A U L T.

If you wonder why I am making a mountain of a molehill, please read my other postings, on this site. Then you will understand the statement, "at the end of your tether".

I was promised the customary phonecall, yesterday, for a report, but as you guessed it, I am still waiting. Obviously, it is not top of their list of priorities.

I have also received an offer, of 75%, from Ren Cust Servs, towards the cost of replacing the x2 rear tyres, which have only 18K miles on them. Offered as a "good will gesture" and not because they have accepted they are a poor product, for the Meganne. I started with the standard wear and tear stance, from RCS , of no contribution, then to 50% now upto 75%.

If anyone has high wear and tear, from their Continental 17" tyres, keep pestering, badgering and hassling, RCS , until you receive an offer/contribution, to replacing your tyres.

Sorry for the " War & Peace" like book, but I had to get this of my chest!!

Renault are without doubt, the most ineffectual, incompetent, second rate/amateur car manufacturer, in the world!!!

Best of luck, to all my fellow sufferers, keep your chin up and don’t let the Barstewards, grind you down!!

Last edited by Pat.w; 7th December 2008 at 05:57 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Bullit
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
INCOMPETANCE, is now spelt, Renault!!!!! Cars & motoring 10 2727 26th August 2005 01:17 PM
Renault Megane 2 - Excessive Rear Tyre Wear Wheels & tyres SportTourer 16 5728 12th August 2005 06:48 PM
Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???..... Cars & motoring Biffo1262 72 17337 11th August 2005 04:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome